Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Time and the living is easy

Relax. I'm here.

Sorry for the delay in posting. The demands of my summer schedule have been terrific.

So many things have happened this summer! Matt and I took Buddy on his first road trip to Savannah! We went to Myrtle Beach with my family, and then Buddy started obedience school.

Its been a great summer and I want to share some of the fun with you!

First things first. Buddy got neutered. :( However, as a prize for being so good, he got to ride in the car with me and Mathe to Southpoint! Unfortunately, Buddy does not understand why he cannot be the driver:



Buddy did get lots of kisses when he was sick:



After he was better, me and Buddy decided to join Matty on a work trip to Savannah! We drove down Saturday morning and stayed through Monday night. We were fortunate to get a hotel on E Bay Lane, which is one block from the famous River Street.

Buddy on the Way!
Me on the Way

Matty Driving

Our first night, we went to a restaurant called 'The Old Pink House'. It is one of the most famous/iconic restaurants in Savannah. They are famous for a salad called the 'BLT'. The salad consists of romaine lettuce, bacon and is topped with a fried green tomato and buttermilk ranch dressing. Of course, I tried it. I also tried their most famous drink, 'The Pink Lady'. This drink had raspberry vodka and pink lemonade. So good.

The Pink Lady
BLT Salad
The Old Pink House Bar
Buddy at the Old Pink House. Best Dog Ever.

After we got back from dinner, we were all very tired. We decided to rest up before our sightseeing day on Sunday:

Tired Caterpillars

Buddy in his bed
Buddy in My Bed

Downtown Square (one of them)
Buddy ready to go!
The next day we decided to do some sightseeing. First we took Buddy and walked all around on River Street and the Downtown Square.



Sightseeing!

When I was trying to take a picture of the candy store...Buddy decided that he would yank the lease out of my hand...please see the resulting pictures.

Buddy running away with the leash!
The actual picture













 Next, me and Matty took Buddy back to the hotel to rest and we went on a sightseeing cruise!

Matt on the River
Me on the River









Riverboat Cruise!
View from the River


On the last day, Matt did some work and played golf with a client. I took Buddy to the doggie park where he made a new friend Rex! They were so cute together, chasing the ball and digging holes (so dirty eww.)

Buddy and Rex


Finally, Matt finished golf and we headed back to the 'ol NC. We actually didn't get home until 2:30 am. I was dead the next day at work...but totally worth it!

GPS


The next weekend after Savannah, we left for Myrtle Beach with my family.

Funny Name for a Club
Schwip with his tiny fork for crab
Here are just a few funny highlights of our trip! We had a great time with our family just relaxing at the beach and spending time together.

  
Me at Dinner
Hilarious Flag

Matt's Aunt Julie and my cousin Deirdre were also in Myrtle and we got to spend some time with them too!








Thanks everybody for reading! Sorry again its been so long. Promise to be better for you.

What did you do this summer??

2 comments:

  1. What's more lame? Your summer or your blog? yawn...straight snooze-fest either way - hahahaha just teasing

    ReplyDelete